Free food and pantries in Houston area
- Faith Presbyterian Church – Baytown Texas. (281) 422-2938. Food pantry
- Gulf Coast Community Services Association – Good Neighbor Food Pantry provides food. Baytown TX. (281) 426-4757
- Bellfort Seven Day Adventist Church – (713) 738-0840. Canned food and groceries
- Christian Community Service Center, Inc. – 5 days of food provided. (713) 871-9741. Houston
- East Spring Branch Food Pantry – (713) 464-0852
- Jordan Grove Baptist Church – A Houston Texas based food pantry. Call (713) 522-8000
- Restoration Assistance Ministries – Help for families facing a hardship. (281) 873-4726
- St. Charles Borromeo – (713) 692-6303
- Many other food distribution centers are located across Harris County and Houston Texas. Find more food banks in Harris County.
Some of the organizations or places to call for information on free or reduced priced child care in Harris County and Houston Texas include Collaborative for Children. They are the leading Local Childcare Resource & Referral Agency. Call 713-600-1100.
For information on agencies that run the Houston Head Start and Early Head Start programs, call these providers. Gulf Coast Community Services Association, Inc. 713-393-4726, Avance Inc. (713-812-0033), Harris County Department of Education (713-273-3211) and also the non-profit Neighborhood Centers, Inc. (713-273-3211).
Houston Texas and Harris County job training and employment
With tens of thousands of people unemployed or looking for new jobs across the region, there are several organizations that focus on helping people finding a new job, enhancing their skills, or improving their employment opportunities. Some of the options available include the following. Houston Area Urban League, phone number 713-393-8700, Macedonia Outreach & Career Center, phone 713-674-8898 and the Career & Recovery Resources, Inc., phone 713-754-7000.